Well done Alan!

I'll certainly be getting a copy... though I was a bit disheartened when I saw that the first entry I checked in it, for Bowburn, was incorrect.  (It mixed up information about what is best called Bowburn Old
Pit, which was a one-shaft colliery sunk in 1840 - probably by William Hedley - and I think probably closed in1858, and Bowburn Colliery.  The latter was initially sunk by Bell Bros. in 1906 - first coals in
1908 - and grew to be one of the largest inland pits in the Durham coalfield, with c.3,000 employees around 1950.  It closed in 1967.  The two collieries were about one kilometre apart.)

Mike Syer