I expect most on the list will know about the A2A project and the usefulness of the site.  Regular updates appear on the gloshistory list about what has been recently added.  I thought the list might appreciate my passing this part of one of them on

Regards

David

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 1:09 PM
Subject: [gloshistory] A2A Update, November 2003

A2A Update, November 2003

The A2A database at http://www.a2a.org.uk was updated on 12 November.  The database now contains 5.7 million catalogue entries describing archives held in 335 record offices, libraries and other repositories throughout England.

The update included .....

* archives of pre-nationalisation gas companies based across England, held
by Transco plc's National Gas Archive in Warrington, with archives of businesses and estates in the North West held by the local authority archives services of Cumbria, Greater Manchester and Rochdale, submitted by the regional project Mills, Mansions and Corner Shops;
* archives relating to the South Yorkshire coal industry, including archives of the National Union of Miners and papers of Samuel Lawrence, colliery manager, held at Barnsley Archives and Local Studies and at Doncaster Archives Department, contributed by Shafts of Light.

A2A has a new web address - http://www.a2a.org.uk.  Please start to use this URL, pass on the news and update any web links or publicity material you may
have.  The former URL will be withdrawn at some point next year.