Marco Mazza is looking for an old paper written by Mr. Edgar Rathbone in
1884 or thereabouts dealing with a process of silver ores amalgamation,
which appeared in the proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical
Engineers (Great Britain).

Marco, I have asked the librarian of the Institute of Materials (who looks after
the library of the former Institution of Mining and Metallurgy) and he tells me
that the Institution of Mechanical Engineers does indeed have its own library.
He tells me that the librarian there is Sarah Vincent, and that she can be
contacted on e-mail address [log in to unmask]  Note that that is
s (underscore) vincent.

If the paper you require was published by the Inst Mech E, then I feel sure
they will have it in their library, and hopefully Sarah will be able to find it for
you.

Tony Brewis