At 09:12 16/06/2003 +1000, John wrote:

>Why should atmosphere in an abandoned metal mine become especially lethal
>?.. I am well acquainted with oxidation in a coal mine producing carbon
>dioxie and a gob fires making carbon monoxide ...also methane coming from
>coal bearing strata but what does a lead mine exude or produce. ?

Radon for one.

John

John Colby

Lecturer, School of Computing, Faculty of Computing, Information and English
F328a Feeney Building,  University of Central England, Franchise Street
Perry Barr, Birmingham B42 2SU phone +44 (0)121 331 6937

4 Ambion Rise, Market Bosworth, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV13 0NY
Phone +44 (0) 1455 290271, mobile 0771 114 1621 website
http://www.colbyweb.co.uk