Alan

There was an Eden Main Colliery 12.5 miles from Darlington, which I think was connected to the original Stockton & Darlington Railway.  This is clearly not the one you are looking for...

I am not sure where Dean's Primrose colliery, which was owned by Heworth Coal Co. Ltd, was.

Not very helpful, I'm afraid.  But may be part of the jigsaw?

Mike