I've had an enquiry at Killhope lead mining museum about aerial tramways,
and I wonder if anyone on the list can help.   Martin Wells wrote:
"I am writing a mining history on the aerial tramways in North America.
Some were built by two English concerns - Ropeways and Breco.
I have a few files on the UK installations: coal mines in Devon and Wales.
Some iron mines in mid-England and a large Bleichert tram at Billingham ICI
works.   Do you know of any more in England.   Was there any in Keswick?
England supplied many to the world, including a 40 mile one in Columbia and
parts for an 80 mile one in Gabon.   Breco built a large installation in BC
too, though US makers predominated".
Can anyone supply more information?
Ian