Dear Dave,

There were crucibles associated with an assay house associated with one
of the gold mines in that vicinity. I would have to check the NGR to see
if you have found the same site. From what I can remember the crucible I
saw did not have ribs on the outisde. All such finds should be brought to
the attention of the Snowdonia National Park Archaeological Officier -
Peter Crew - who has an active interest in the mines and assay houses in
the region.

--
Chris Salter,
Department of Materials Characterisation Services,