From: "Mike Gill" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 8:59 PM
Subject: Egg-ended boilers

Hi List,

Some time ago there was a discussion of egg-ended boilers, but I cannot
remember what the result was.  In the last week, however, a friend has found
one concealed by undergrowth on a colliery site.  No maker's plates are
evident, but we think that it dates from the first half of the 19th century.
Can anyone tell us how rare the survival of such a boiler is?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Gill