The reference to Japanese Mining was interesting.

Can list readers tell me if they are aware of any mining museums in that
part of the World?

My primary interest is in stationary and marine steam engines but Japan is
an area I know nothing about.

I am aware that they had a mining industry from at least the 1870s to which
British made equipment was supplied but beyond that I know nothing.

The only significant steam ship I know of is the pre-Dreadnaught, British
built, Makishia (1904) but she is literally filled with concrete so it is
not even possible to gain access to the engineering spaces.

Paul Stephens

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you have received in error please notify us immediately and destroy this e-mail and any attachments.  In addition you must not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments.
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof.  Accordingly, this e-mail and any attachments are opened at your risk.
DS Smith (UK) Limited, registered in England No. 501594, registered office 4-16 Artillery Row, London SW1P 1RZ