This is my first attempt to post something to the list, so please excuse my ignorance.

I am a photographer for the Coal Research Center at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL.  For the past five years we have been documenting the coal industry through new images and text, in the Eastern US--concentrating on Southern Illinois--and now more recently in Wales, Scotland (what is left in both areas), and also the Czech Republic.  Currently we have an exhibition that is travelling around Czech, but we are interested in finding venues for this in the UK, as well as the US.  Moreover, we are looking for partners in this project too, the idea being to illustrate the human aspect of the mining industry, i.e., those who work in the industry and why and how coal mining is beneficial to a community.  If any of you have any ideas on this project, or if you are interested, please let me know.  I am not a salesman, so that, of course, is not what this is about.  There are a number of images from one of our projects, addressing African American coal miners in Southe!
rn
 Illinois, that can be found on the Illinois Humanities Council website, www.prairie.org, go the the Kiosk and you will find us.

Please pass on any ideas you may have.

Cheers,