Seeing the note about Clogau reminded me of a claim I heard several years
ago.

I was told of a 'gold mine in Wales' with one, or possibly two, steam
winches.

Does anyone on this list know whre that might be or have the engines in
question long gone?

The note I have goes back perhaps ten years or so but I was never in a
position to verify even which site it might relate to.

Paul Stephens

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you have received in error please notify us immediately and destroy this e-mail and any attachments.  In addition you must not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments.
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof.  Accordingly, this e-mail and any attachments are opened at your risk.
DS Smith (UK) Limited, registered in England No. 501594, registered office 4-16 Artillery Row, London SW1P 1RZ