Posted on behalf of Terry Hughes:

I have a copy the booklet: Anon, The Penrhyn Quarry undated (but subtitled
150 years of progress), Printed by North Wales Chronicle Co Ltd Caxton
House
Bangor which includes the attached.

Having scanned this I'll stick it on www.slateroof.co.uk

I'm finding it impossible to post replies to
jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mining-history so would you mind posting it for me
please so others can see it.

In the late 1980s early 90s the pump was cut up prior to lifting it up the
shaft. Unfortunately the engineer who was given the job of doing it left
the
quarry and the attempt was abandoned. As far as I know it's still down
there
in pieces. If you want more information about this I could put you in touch
with the old quarry manager Glyn Williams although I can't find his phone
number at present. If you want it let me know.

Terry Hughes
www.stoneroof.org.uk updated 27 Jan 2003
www.slateroof.co.uk historical resources
T 01286 650 402