Daniel:

I suggest you contact Roger Burt ([log in to unmask]) and Mike Gill
([log in to unmask]) with this question.  Both are quite
knowledgeable on the issue of diffusion of Yorshire/Pennines mining
methods and technology to the Upper Mississippi Lead/Zinc District.

It sounds as though you are working in the Catfish Creek area. I would
be interested to hear more about your project.

Good luck,

Mark Langenfeld
Madison,  WI

> I am (still) in the process of researching the 1820-1840s
> Swaledale/Arkengarthdale lead miner emigration to the Dubuque, Iowa
> area. As part of a broad physical description of properties associated
> with the Dubuque mines, I am attempting to compare local prospecting
and
> extraction techniques with those of late-18th/early-19th century
Europe

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com