> Having written to please the examiners, now you can write what you want.

Mike,

No chance of that for the moment - I'm expected to produce at least two
papers for the economic history journals and today I found myself sketching
out the changes required to convert the thesis into a book.

Strategic minerals and metals, yes but it will take time to get into that
area. Roger has a new PhD student who will be working on the statistical
evidence for strategic metal production - should be interesting to see what
he comes up with. There is a potentially interesting paper on Spanish
wolfram production c. 1940-44 in the latest volume of the Journal of
Economic History (63) - only noticed while checking for recent publications
immediately prior to going into my viva, so had to leave it for later.

Hope to see you in Co. Wicklow.

Peter

Peter Claughton, Blaenpant Morfil, Rosebush, Clynderwen,
Pembrokeshire, Wales  SA66 7RE.
Tel. 01437 532578; Fax. 01437 532921; Mobile 07831 427599

University of Exeter - School of Historical, Political and Sociological Studies
(Centre for South Western Historical Studies)
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Co-owner - mining-history e-mail discussion list.
See http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/mining-history/  for details.

Mining History Pages - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/~pfclaugh/mhinf/