Hello -

We have recorded a small mining stamp mill that has 3 stamps from an old
mining claim here in Alaska.  It has "FRASER & CHALMERS CHICAGO ILL NO31"
in raised lettering on the side of the mill.  I understand that Fraser and
Chalmers merged and became part of Allis Chalmers in 1901.  However, I've
also seen some information that seems to indicate that Fraser and Chalmers
may have continued manufacturing stamp mills under their own name after
1901.

We are trying to determine the date of manufacture of this stamp mill.
We're not sure if the "NO31" is the serial number or a model number.  We
are looking for any information which will help us to narrow down the years
in which this stamp mill would have been made.

Many thanks to anyone with any information to offer!