Dear Jane
here are 2 RCTs relating to Acupuncture in labour

Ramnero  A HU, Kihlgren M,. Acupucture treatment during labour-a randomised controlled trial. BJOG;  International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaeology 2002;109:637-644.

Nesheim B I KR, Berg B, Alfredsson B, Allgot E, Hove G, Jonnsen W, et al. Acupuncture During labour Can Reduce the Use of Meperidine: A Controlled Clinical Study. Clinical Journal of Pain 2003 ;19[3]:187-191.

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jane sandall
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 9:04 PM
Subject: epidural and pain research

Dear colleagues,
I am collating recent research on short and long term outcomes and womens views of epidurals. I am also interested to know if anyone has come across any RCTs of alternative pain relief methods such as water, massage, psycho-prophylaxis etc??
I will collate all replies sent to the list.
I am particularly interested in research published outside UK
many thanks
Jane Sandall

Dr  Jane Sandall
Professor of Midwifery and Women's Health
Women & Family Health Research Group,
King's College, Waterloo Bridge Wing,
Franklin-Wilkins Building,
150 Stamford Street,