on 16/10/03 16:31, Helen Foreman at [log in to unmask] wrote:

Hi

I am a MSc midwifery student and I would like to hear any ideas or references relating to ŒWhy women attend hospital in very  early labour?¹

Helen Foreman

Dear Helen, am was also interested in this topic as a dissertation subject for my MSc  - that was before the unit I work in introduced triaging. I did not come across  (m)any qual studies but Hodnet et al conducted a trial comparing the effect of early labour assessment program and direct admission to hospital on c/s rates. There are a few other studies in this vein. Good luck!!