I live in Texas, USA.  It was a departure of "community care" for me to quit checking for nuchal cords and let the body deliver wrapped with the cord.  Ina May Gaskin coined an American phrase: Somersaulting, where the baby is unwrapped from an intact cord.  It wasn't until I witnessed a wonderful English Water Birth where the midwife didn't check for cord that I began the walk on the "dark side" :-)
Yes, here in the US, all new midwives are encouraged to cut cords and we  can do it rather smoothly.  No doubt you can see the increased resuscitation needed for these poor babes.
Dawn Cockrell, CPM