Apologies for those not based in the 'home counties' and within easy reach of London, but just to raise awareness of this event. We are celebrating 20 years of support by the Iolanthe Midwifery Trust whose aims is to improve care of mothers and babies by investing in those providing and planning such care. There is a 20th Anniversary Seminar to be held at the Governor's Hall, St Thomas' Hospital, London on June 4th 2003 from 4-6pm. The guest speaker is Cathy Warwick Director of midwifery, Kingd College hopsital who is speaking on - 'Small changes can have a big impact- using research to make a difference'. Other speakers are two previous Iolanthe Award winners, Amanda Mansfield, Consultant Midwife at the Royal Free Hospital who will speak on Hands on birth - lessons from a changing birth environment and Rosalind White, Community midwife in Kent talking about breastrfeeding support in a small town. This year's awards will be presented by our Patron, The Lady Mancroft and there will also be news of forthcoming awards. The cost is only £5, to include a buffet reception. Admission is by ticket only and these can be obtained or reserved from the Trust administrator: Virginia Halewood on 0207 7371 (leave a message on the answer phone) or by email: [log in to unmask]
We look forward to seeing anyone who can join us to make it even more of a special occasion.  If you want to know more about the Iolanthe Midwifery Trust - visit our website www.iolanthe.org