Dear List members and Beverley

Many thanks for your helpful suggestions regarding the isue of using a pinnard's stethescope for a home waterbirth.  Armed with all your responses and ideas, and enormously encouraged by such positive messages, my colleague and a local RCM steward have successfully negociated with the local supervisors that the woman will indeed be supported in her wish to have a home waterbirth without electronic fetal monitoring of any kind.  An apology has been issued to my colleague by her supervisor for the lack of support.

With thanks

Joy Kemp