Hi Deborah,

It is getting a bit old now but we did a cost comparison of midwife-led
and consultant-led intrapartum care:
Hundley V, Donaldson C, Lang G, et al. (1995) Costs of intrapartum care in
a midwife managed delivery unit and a consultant led labour ward.
Midwifery 11; 103-109.

We also did some follow-on work looking at women's preferences using
health economic techniques - not sure if you are interested in them, if so
let me know.

I'm sure there were economic components to the RCT of midwife-led care in
Glasgow and the evaluation of One-to-One midwifery care in London. There
are others on this list (Helen Cheyne & Trudi Stevens) who should be able
to direct to any papers that exist.

Vanora