Belinda Cox wrote:
"Is anyone aware of any research that has been done looking at the
information given to and received by women regarding VBAC?

I'm writing a protocol for qualitative research on this subject, and I'm
having great problems finding existing papers - I can't believe no one's
looked at this before!"

At the ICM congress in Vienna, Pat Burkhardt, Catherine Carr and Lynette
Ament presented talks on VBAC in one session.  None of the talks were on the
information given to women, but Carr mentioned the emergence of signed
'consent' forms for women planning a VBAC.  Burkhardt has examined the
topics of research papers published on VBAC and found notable differences
between countries.  I would be surprised if these three researchers could
not help point you in the direction of whatever work has been or is being
done in the area you describe.

Belinda, what method are you planning to use in your research?  Will it be
an analysis of text content, or will you collect your data from the women
themselves?

Rachel Myr, midwife/IBCLC
Kristiansand, Norway