My gut feeling is to really educate mother what to do and where to go if there foetal movement pattern changes.

I think we may have a problems with the identification a high risk groups, as my current thoughts are that non english speaking women fall into this category, and it is these women that need our help, not only in understanding what to do in such an event but also with access to care.  It was highlighted by CESDI (Confidential enquiry into stillbirths and deaths in infants) 8th annual report

"Poor communication between medical staff and patient due to the limited English of the patient, e.g. failure of patient to compete foetal movement chart was probably due to the patients failure to comprehend instructions.  A linkworker/intertpreter was not called. Pg 34.

I would suggest that this is evidence, and that one stillbirth, is one two many.

More recently I conducted focus groups with non english speaking women who have reported a reduction in foetal movements to the midwife and unfortunately the action taken was not what it should have been and as a consequence the woman now has a severely handicapped baby.  I  think that you are quite right that an audit of this needed, one that would include the "near misses"

best wishes yana