I am writing my master in health humanities. I am studying the Canadian
Term Breech Trial (Hannah) and ask the question why did this study get so
much authority? ( I had had contact to this list earlier, and thank to all
of you who answered, it was a great inspiration)

As a part of this thesis I much write a chapter on the role of research in
midwifery. There has not been written anything on this subject in Denmark.
Do any of you know of references that might help me?
In Denmark midwifes started to talk about research in the 90`ties. I wonder
when research in midwifery became a major issue in other countries? Can you
enlighten me?

In Denmark the midwifes mostly talked about RCT and evidence based
practise, so the research they refereed to very mainly epidemiological and
related to natural science. Other kind of humanistic research where hardly
motioned. This development is very different from that of nurses. They
where mainly interested in humanistic approaches such as phenomenology and
hardly any notice of natural science. There focus where on caring. I want
to understand this difference and what role the research played in
midwifery.
Sincerly
Jette Aaroe Clausen/danish midwife