Hi,

A couple of people asked for the list so here it is...
Enjoy them,

Jane

what are your favourite websites?

 <http://www.centresforcuriosity.org.uk/> www.centresforcuriosity.org.uk is
a fantastic site for research and information on kids' museums worldwide,
and I found some good websites in their list,too, particularly in the
States.
I strongly recommend the 'Reticulum' site [Latin for net]- Hadrian's Wall
stuff developed in partnership with KS2 children. It's easy to use, looks
good, is fun and multi-layered. The content is also surprisingly detailed,
yet accessible. http://museums.ncl.ac.uk/reticulum/
<http://museums.ncl.ac.uk/reticulum/>

www.soper-lane.co.uk <http://www.soper-lane.co.uk>  for its functionality -
running forums, chat rooms and allowing users to upload their own work,
comment on others, and bibliographies etc.

An enduring favourite is the  www. <http://www.bbc.co.uk> bbc.co.uk site -
and have met quite a few people who also think it's great - for many of the
reasons outlined below.

I like the British Museum one for intro pages and access for general
visitors

www.dulux.co.uk <http://www.dulux.co.uk>   - when I am teaching Internet
skills no one has failed to like this site! The interactivity of
mousepainter is great!

For fun, but has won lots of awards The Mesoamerican Ballgames website
<http://www.ballgame.org> www.ballgame.org , also fun is
www.clarksoriginals.com <http://www.clarksoriginals.com>

which site has the best design?

www.4ureaders.net (I am biased as this is a site we commissioned)

Am very impressed with BBC's Blue Planet website with a huge variety of
educational content, and learning games that are not just for kids.

who successfully offers information pitched at kids and adults from one
site?

You may like to look at  <http://www.romaninsussex.co.uk/>
www.romaninsussex.co.uk a DCMS funded site that was initiated by the Sussex
Archaeological Society at Fishbourne Roman Palace. Also Bamber Gasgoine's
History site sorry I cant remember the web address.

www.imj.org.il  It is pitched at kids and adults, has interactive online
exhibitions and a dig as well.

the BBC - has something for everyone and easy to navigate

what site is the most inspiring right now?

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk <http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/>

Interpretation Officer

Museum of London
London Wall
London EC2Y 5HN

tel: 020 7814 5772
fax: 020 7600 1058

e: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w: www.museumoflondon.org.uk