> I hope to do an interview with an executive from Divine next week. As
> such, I would welcome input on questions you would like to see put to
> Divine from anyone on this list,

I'd like to know:

1) Why have they discontinued the pay as you go option for the Northern Light
Special Collection

2) Why they couldn't be bothered to inform their customers about the closure.

3) Are they going to close down NorthernLight as it is now a complete waste of
time.

Having heard about the closure from other sources, I was surprised to see that
their Special Collection was still searchable. When I carried out a search on
the Special Collection I was able to get as far as viewing the results. But when
I clicked on "Buy document" it came up with a message telling me that the
service was no longer available and thanked me for my patronage over the years!!

When I checked "My Accounts", it told me that the account had been closed on
January 6th, 2003. It would have been nice if they had bothered to send me an
email about it.

The free "My Alerts" is no longer available either. I used this to monitor the
news and press release database and it was an excellent service for which I
would have been prepared to pay.

I checked the information about the Enterprise Accounts as well. They say:

"We are not accepting any new customers. Thank you for your patronage over the
years and we are sorry for any inconvenience. "

On top of the Rowecom debacle, this does not look good.

Karen

Karen Blakeman, RBA Information Services
88 Star Road, Caversham, Berks RG4 5BE, UK
Tel:+44 118 947 2256, Mobile: +44 7764 936733
Fax:+44 870 056 8547
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.rba.co.uk/