System demos

For my sins I am shortly to go through  the demonstration phase for our third system procurement in my time in Essex. I am starting to think about the issues we ought to raise / see demonstrated. Clearly a  number of them will be peculiar to our situation but I would be interested in any examples / checklists etc from anyone else who has done this recently. We are likely to be migrating to MARC21 as part of this so stuff on that process is of particular relevance, though not the only thing in which I would be interested.

Replies off list welcome and if anyone wants a summary I will try and compile one. I don't have any demo dates yet but replies this month will certainly be usable

Andrew Coburn
Acquisitions and Cataloguing Manager
Essex CC Libraries
Tel. 01245 244957 (Direct dial)
or 01245 284981 ext. 255
or 01245 244966 minicom
ECC ednet 35255

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person unless express permission is given.  If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. It is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to check for software viruses.