5th June 20003

Dear colleagues,

You will be aware that we have recently consulted on a proposal to establish
an Information & Learning Communities Skills Council.  At the time we made
it clear that, in the medium-term, an overall Lifelong Learning SSC would be
created, into which the ILCSC would be absorbed.  This larger grouping
includes HE and FE as well as ourselves and our original partners, PAULO.

For a variety of reasons this latter proposal has moved up the agenda and is
now the favoured option of the isNTO Board, supported by Charles Clarke and
the 3 devolved administrations.

I'm afraid this means we must consult you again, on this revised proposal.
A series of documents detailing the proposal have been posted on our
website: www.isnto.org.uk - click on "news update". Here you will also find
a brief questionnaire for you to give your views.

We urge you most strongly to take this opportunity to give your views.  This
proposal is crucial to the effectiveness on skills provision and workforce
development in the future.  We believe it is an opportunity we can't afford
to miss. To discuss this or answer any questions I am available at any time
on 07977 064413.

Yours sincerely,

John M. Pluse
Chief Executive
isNTO

(PS to Edward Dudley: will this be classed as a "matter of moment"?  -
we'll see.