Dear Colleagues,

     I know it's Friday afternoon but I have no jokes to offer you, just
more work!

     If anyone has access to LISA (Libraries & Information Science
Abstracts) or similar, could you help me with the following (article?)
reference, found unattributed in an article submitted to EDUCATION
LIBRARIES JOURNAL and whose writer is not easily reached. Discusssing
the status of librarians in universities, the writer quotes...

BLACK & LEYSEN (1994) who wrote that "...they [librarians] participate
in the educational mission of the institution by providing information
and services which enhance the advancement of learning and research".

                                   A complete reference would make my
day, as they say.

                                                 Cheers John Makin,
Editor ELJ

John L. Makin, BA, MLS, MCLIP, Cert.Ed.,
Faculty Liaison Officer - Education, Nottingham Trent University, LIS,
Clifton, Nottingham NG11 8NS, UK.
Vice Chair of "Librarians of Institutes & Schools of Education".
Editor of "Education Libraries Journal"
Tel: 0115 848-3421 FAX: 0115 848-6304