Allegro Training a full-day course covering aspects of technical service
work for Library Assistants. Details of the next date for this course are
given below.

Please note: All our course are available on an in-house basis. For
further information contact us at the address below.

Our reader service companion to this training day will be run in
January. Contact us at the address below.

What does it cover?

The Supply Chain (½-day course)
This module looks at the supply of requested items, including books,
serials and non-book media. You will learn about the three main supply
lines: buying, borrowing, electronic sources

*Understanding and verifying the request
*Options for satisfying the request
*Electronic sources
*Appropriate monitoring systems

Information Management (½- or full-day course)
In this module you will learn the outlines of cataloguing and
classification and how these can be made to serve the user

        *understanding catalogue records
*AACR, MARC and classification systems
*Creating records for basic material
*Evaluating the end product

When & Where?

Venue:  Bloomsbury Square Training Centre, London
Date:           Tuesday 16 March
Cost:   £200

How to book

To reserve a place on this course please e-mail
[log in to unmask] with the following details

Course to be attended
Delegate name
Address
tel/Fax/e-mail
Invoice address (if different)
Order no. (if required)
Any special requirements (dietary etc)

Important note
Once a firm booking has been confirmed any cancellations will be subject to the following
terms

Cancellation up to 14 days before the course                    80% refund
Cancellation between 7 &14 days before the course             50% refund
Cancellation less than 7 days before the couse                  No refund

Ian Ledsham
Allegro Training
1 North End Farm Cottages
Cheriton