With great sorrow, the University of Warwick announces the unexpected
death of John Naylor, on Monday 13 January.

John had been a Social Sciences Subject Librarian at Warwick since
1970. He was a well-known and instantly recognisable figure to staff and
students of the University and, particularly through his involvement
with ASSIGN, to Social Science information professionals nationally. He
will be greatly missed.

A book of condolence has been opened, and we should be very pleased to
include any contributions list members may wish to send. Please email
these to me, not to the list. The book will be sent to John's parents in
due course.

The funeral will be a woodland burial, at 2.30pm on Tuesday 28 January
at the address below. The family have indicated that all are welcome.

Greenhaven Woodland Burial Grove
New Clarks Farm
Yelvertoft Road
Lilbourne
Rugby

The University will hold a memorial service later this year. Details
will be circulated in due course.

Robin Green
Head of Information Services and Acting Librarian
University of Warwick Library
Coventry CV4 7AL   UK
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0) 24 7652 4678; Fax: ...4211