A large number of messages to lis-link recently have contained attachments. In
these circumstances I would have expected the lis-link listowner to send out a
reminder and have attempted to contact him/her without success. Therefore, I
would like to remind lis-link members of the guidance on sending attachments,
quoted from the JISCMAIL website:

[quote]
Can I send attachments to JISCmail lists?

Please do not. If you use attachments, a lot of people won't be able read your
file, either because their email program uses a different method of decoding
files, or because they don't have the right word processing software. Also,
some people have a limited amount of storage space for email, and if this is
filled up by messages with attached files then all other messages are rejected
[end quote]

John Wintrip, Faculty Librarian (Applied Sciences)
Bolland Library, University of the West of England, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol,
BS16 1QY, United Kingdom.
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 0117 3442495          Fax: 0117 3442407