From: Hibbert ,Miss Frances [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 17 November 2003 14:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: WAM and ISI Web of Knowledge

Hello,

Is anyone else out there connecting to Web of Knowledge at MIMAS using
WAM?

We have recently had IP authentication switched on for access to WoK
databases at MIMAS, and I'm now trying to get them working via WAM.
Initial connection to wok.mimas.ac.uk works fine via WAM but then when
I'm within WoK and I try to connect to one of the WoK services, the
connection is being lost and I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway - Connection
timed out message.  I've tried various permutations of the address in
the WAM forward table but none of them are working for me.  Also, I'm
trying to avoid using *.mimas.ac.uk in the WAM forward table as this
will force users of Zetoc to go via WAM (and since our access to WoK is
for staff only, not readers, the readers can't then access Zetoc).  At
the moment we're not using proxy rewrite, although we will be
implementing this soon.

If you've got this working and you'd be willling to share your WAM
forward table entries with me, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks, and best wishes,

Fran

Fran Hibbert   Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Library Systems Officer
Wellcome Library for the History & Understanding of Medicine The
Wellcome Trust, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7611 8845   Fax: +44 (0)20 7611 8703
Web: http://library.wellcome.ac.uk

The Wellcome Trust is a registered charity, no. 210183.

Its sole Trustee is The Wellcome Trust Limited, a company
registered in England, no. 2711000, whose registered office
is 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.