Hello all

I think that everyone who attended will agree that the innopac users
'exchange of experience on portals' on June 6th at the University
of Leeds was very interesting and productive. I'd like to thank
Ros Pan from Durham & Tracey Stanley from Leeds for the excellent
organisation. The presentations and discussion on the day made it
a very worthwhile meeting.

There was consensus at this meeting that a document should be put
together and sent to III in respect of MAP. In particular the user
group represented at the meeting wanted more information/clarification
on WebBridge and metafind product developments and felt that they
would like to put forward some suggestions as to where they would
like to see this development going in the future, especially those
who were on the verge of purchasing these products or similar.

To enable us to send a comprehensive document to III can I ask
a representative from each institution to let me know which of the
following categories your institution falls into:

1. Have already purchased metafind/webBridge
2. Currently in the process of tendering for
'portal' products (ie metafind/webBridge or equivalent)
3. Looking to purchase in the near future
4. Not considering this product at present.

and if you want to contribute further to this EIUG document please
send me your list of suggestions in terms of what your institution
would like to see in metafind and webBridge, or, where you would
like more information/clarification on what is currently on offer.

Please send me this information as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Julia
EIUG chair
(on behalf of EIUG members present at Exchange of Experience meeting 6th
June)
Julia Burke
Acquisitions Librarian
University of Wales, Bangor