We are only doing this VERY selectively as part of our service level
agreement with the Health Faculty which is funded separately from the
rest of the university.  They want to make sure we are not treating
materials acquired for the stock of the health studies libraries less
favourably than the rest of the university library.

So we only sample once a year choosing a fairly "normal" period of a
few weeks at most.  If you are processing order slips for new items which
became ready for shelving (or display) on the same day you only need to
enter the date when each item was received (or ordered).  This should
give you some idea of how long it might take to input the data.

Mieko

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Michael Emly wrote:

> Thank you for the info. about your procedures.  It makes good sense since
> there is no easy way in Innopac of matching item to order, as you say, nor
> indeed of knowing when an item was sent for shelving (since in Leeds the
> creation date could be several days prior to processing).
>
> May I ask one further question: how many do you sample in a year, and how
> much time does it take to input the data into Excel?

-----
Mieko Yamaguchi                                [log in to unmask]
Technical Services Manager/System Coordinator        +44 (0)1248 382970
Main Library, University of Wales Bangor, UK   +44 (0)1248 382979 (Fax)