Dear All,

We are currently examining our procedure for fining and billing users for overdue and lost items.  At present, we charge a replacement cost
(from the price in the item record) and do not charge a process or billing fee, but are considering it.

We are interested in finding out how other Innopac users approach this area, specifically:

        *       what is the timescale for sending overdues and how many are sent before the item is billed?

        *       how much are fines, including the maximum fine payable?

        *       is a process and/or billing fee charged in addition to the bill for the replacement cost of the item and the fine, and how
much are these charges?

        *       are any sanctions imposed on users to encourage them to pay money owing and is this handled solely by the library?.

Any feedback would be gratefully received.  Thanks!

Anne

Anne Turner, Learning Centre Systems Manager, Adsetts Centre, Sheffield Hallam University, City Campus, Pond Street, Sheffield, S1 1WB tel.
0114 225 2118,  fax. 0114 225 3859 international +44 114 225 2118 [log in to unmask]