Laura
We did know about this - We hardly have any Wiley titles now and we used to give access via Ingenta when online was free with print. That did give home access with an Athens account as far as I remember.
The one which we would like to change is CUP.  That does cause us problems. I now link to the CUP site for each title rather than to SwetsWise. Possibly makes it easier for the students off campus. CUP is not Athens authenticated and they have given me an institutional username and password. But at least our users  "know" it is not Athens when they go in.
Maureen
>>> L.Galloway @LIB.GLA.AC.UK 03/18 1:56 PM >>>
Dear all,

I wonder if anyone else has com across a problem with off-campus access to
titles via SwetsWise using ATHENS authentication?

I recently received a query from one of our distance learners who was unable
to access Strategic management journal (Wiley) using her Athens log-in. I
forwarded this query to the Swets helpdesk and have just been advised that
Wily, as a "gateway" publisher, perform a secondary IP check.  If the
publisher is Athens-enabled, and their service is available to your
institution as an Athens resource, access should still be granted for your
off-campus Athens users (without a further User ID & Password prompt). Where
the gateway publisher does not accept Athens, off-campus access will always
be denied.

Our problem is that our Wiley subs are not through the bundle deal, but
rather individual subs paying extra to get e-access on top (an option which
does not include ATHENS access as such). We are not therefore able to get
off-campus access.

Swets advise that their Publisher Relations departments are working with
publishers to encourage them to accept the SwetsWise proxy instead of
carrying out additional IP checks on end-users. We have asked them for the
latest news on their progress with Wiley and have also requested a list of
gateway publishers, to allow us to make this information available to our
users.

Perhaps others are already aware of this problem but I thought it might be
of interest to those who hadn't yet come across it. I'll be sure to post a
list of the other "gateway" publishers when I receive it from Swets.

Laura Galloway
Serials/Document Delivery
Glasgow University Library, Hillhead Street
Glasgow G12 8QE, Scotland, UK

Email: [log in to unmask]

Maureen Richardson
Journals and Electronic Resources  Manager
Learning Resource Centre
Edge Hill
St Helens Rd
Ormskirk