-----Original Message-----
From: An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of J.W.T.Smith
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 10:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: databases versus e-reference

Fatmeh,

If an e-resource belongs in two (or more) categories put it in both.
Unlike a physical object like a book which can only be in one place at one
time (at one classmark) you can have as many pointers (links) as you like
to an e-resource. If an e-journal host service also provides a
bibliographic search function put it in both categories.

Regards,

John Smith,
The Templeman Library,
University of Kent, Canterbury, UK.

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Fatmeh Charafeddine wrote:

> We are having a hard time categorizing our e-resources on our library web
page.
> We find an overlap between, what could be classified under an E-Reference,
Electronic Database and Electronic Journals ?

> some examples:
>
> An indexing and abstracting database (with potential link to full text)
should go under e-reference or e-databases ?