Hi,

We have had our online only subscriptions extended through the March
2003 issues for ASM journals, as our subscriptions to ASM journals for
2003 were "renewed" through Divine. It does seem rather strange that the
ASM can't have a gracing period to deal with normal problems caused
during the renewal process, when it has recognised the problems faced by
Divine customers this subscription year. On a positive note, at least
ASM does send out an email to libraries to tell them that their
subscription has expired, although by that time the subscription has
already been cut off, causing frustration for our users, and extra work
for all parties involved.

If everyone who has subscriptions to ASM journals and supports a gracing
period could email [log in to unmask] or go to the following web
page http://www.asm.org/interact.htm where you can pose questions for
ASM, maybe we could get ASM to change their minds.

Cheers
Lesley