-----Original Message-----
From: An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Marilyn Mullay
Sent: 31 January 2003 14:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PDF problems and how to solve them

Elena,

We've had exactly the same problem and been given the same answer by
our IT department.

Marilyn Mullay

On 31 Jan 03, at 12:45, Elena Menendez-Alonso wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Our e-journals users have been experiencing an intermittent problem with
> Adobe Acrobat: When the user clicks on a web link to a PDF file, a blank
> document appears in a blank frame. The problem is random and it affects
> some PCs or user accounts and not others.
>
> When we contacted our Computing Department for support, we were told that
> this was a general Microsoft problem, affecting MS Windows NT systems.
> Apparently, there is no immediate fix but the fault should disappear once
> we have upgraded to MS Windows XP.
>
> I was wondering if anybody else has experienced the same problem and, if
> so, what solutions have you been offered?
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
>
> Best wishes,
> Elena
>
> Elena Menendez-Alonso
> Electronic Resources Officer
> The Library
> University of Plymouth
> Plymouth, PL4 8AA
> United Kingdom
>
> Tel: +44 (0) 1752 232355
> Fax: +44 (0) 1752 232327
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Marilyn Mullay
Senior Librarian
Edinburgh School of Agriculture Library and Information Centre
SAC
http://www.sac.ac.uk/library/external/Edin/default.htm
West Mains Road,
Edinburgh