On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Lesley Crawshaw wrote:

> Re: Springer LINK Alert - if that is what you are referring to I would
> agree that it is pretty useless, just tells you more titles are
> available, but as Meiko has already said not which ones!! I know us
> librarians have got a reputation for being pretty good detectives, but
> that is going to far!

Yes, that's the one I was referring to.

[snip]
> As a more helpful alternative I would recommend the Springer LINK
> Serials Update which tells you which titles are new, which have ceased,
> which are no longer published by Springer etc..
>
> You can register for this at:
> http://link.springer.de/jour_update/index.htm

Thanks for this information, but do we have access to all the LINK titles
as part of the NESLI agreement?  I seem to remember right at the beginning
of the LINK deal some of us were surprised to find that book series (which
were part of the trial) were not included in the deal.

I'm raising this question because when we enquired about access to certain
Kluwer journals we were told that as a NESLI site we only had access to
those titles to which at least one UK HE library (or a NESLI subscriber?)
had a subscription.  So some Russian translation journals are accessible
while others are not.  Shouldn't it be NESLI's role to tell us when new
full text titles become available as part of the deal?  Or perhaps
publishers should be asked to maintain an email list of NESLI libraries
so that they can be notified when any new titles become available?  I
don't know if a general list of everything available from a particular
publisher is sufficient in this case because we don't know which ones are
"NESLI titles".

Mieko
-----
Mieko Yamaguchi                                [log in to unmask]
Technical Services Manager/System Coordinator        +44 (0)1248 382970
Main Library, University of Wales Bangor, UK   +44 (0)1248 382979 (Fax)