This may be an impossible question to answer but I would really appreciate
any help from the members of this list.

At the University of Wales Bangor we are at last trying to persuade the
powers that be that in order to make the most of our investment on
electronic
resources such as e-journals and bibliographic databases we need to appoint
an Electronic Resources Librarian.

I know from the job titles of people who post on this list and from job
advertisements that many (most?) university libraries now have staff whose
main responsibility is the management of electronic resources.  Is this an
accurate assumption?  Does anyone have any evidence or anecdote that the
appointment of an Electronic Resources Librarian has vastly improved the
services offered to their users?

Thanks for any information.

--
Mieko Yamaguchi                          | Email: [log in to unmask]
Tech Services Manager/System Coordinator | Phone: +44 (0)1248 382970