Hi Terry and others,

Another journal that hasn't made it to the new Springer site is
Astronomy and Astrophysics. This "missing" title was reported to us by
one of our astrophysicists yesterday, who was trying to access content
in this title, only to be redirected to the new SpringerLINK home page,
which was slightly confusing for him. This journal is not appearing in
the list of journals on the new site. Astronomy and Astrophysics is a
journal now published by EDP Sciences, but we previously were able to
access 5 years of this title on the old LINK site at:
http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00230/index.htm. The home
page for this journal on EDP Sciences is also pointing to the old
Springer site and being redirected to the new SpringerLINK home page.

I understand the new site is being scoured for any other problems, and
that it should be all sorted in a couple of weeks.

It raises the question about why the old site that we used to use
couldn't remain accessible whilst the new site was all sorted out.
During that period we could have been given adequate warning of the
change, and made preparations for this change. And one again it is our
users who are being inconvenienced by this state of affairs!!

On a positive note we currently have access to all the book series
formerly available on LINK which was not part of the open consortium
license that we signed. I have informed Springer of this and was told
that this will cease once the "system is running stable and smooth".

Cheers
Lesley