Dear Louise,

We had  problems of activating our online access using the subscription
nos. which is supposed to be found on the journal envelope on the label. In
earlier days we made a note on our check in record of the title on Innopac
requesting our serials team members to hand over the envelope of the title
to our Electronic Journal Co-ordinators when processing the issue. But
later on our suppliers started helping  us in procuring the subscription
nos. Our suppliers  for eg:  Swets Blackwell and DA Informations Inc. are
particularly very helpful and have made our lives easier by entering our
subscription nos. which is required for activating our online access on
their website which helps to a large extend but at times I agree with you
that the no. mentioned on their webpage is invalid. In these cases we
contact them once again.  This problem has smoothened out to a certain
extend for us. In rare cases we do contact the publisher directly but they
might need our payment details and hence I need to get back to the
publisher for handling the issue.
I fully agree with you that it is a real saga and we are overcoming this
slowly.

Regards,
Margaret

Margaret Prabhu