From: Ian Winship [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 October 2003 12:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Library portals

[I think this is the most appropriate list for this query, even if list
members are not directly involved with portals themselves]

We are currently starting a project to spec and implement a library portal
and I'd be interested to know who already has a portal in use or is
implementing now.

I know from the Ex Libris site who has acquired (though not necessarily yet
implemented) Metalib and that Edinburgh are going for ENCompass, but I'd be
interested to hear from others.

Many thanks.
Ian Winship, Electronic Services Manager
Learning Resources, Northumbria University
City Campus Library, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8ST, UK
email: [log in to unmask]
tel: 0191 227 4150  fax: 0191 227 4563