From: Carol Wurcbacher [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 07 January 2003 19:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Calling all non librarians

Hi,

Are there any other non-librarians out there who are in the process of
writing their PDRs?

I am in a bit of dilemma. The PDR blues have hit me!

As my post is 'non-traditional' I feel I have to explain pretty fully
various aspects of my job and how the organisation I work for deals with
different things. This is gobbling up many words and is starting to throw me
way over the word limit. It feels like only a limited part of what I want to
say is able to be put in appendicies (although they are likely to be pretty
extensive as well). It's not so much giving a job description but explaining
the organisation and the various backgrounds to things I want to put in my
report. I'm aware that common reasons for rejecting PDRs are mentioning
something and not explaining it fully and so my dilemma persists.

Is anyone having any similar problems and has anyone got any solutions?

Thanks
Carol