**APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING**

The Career Development Group (Scottish Division) is pleased to announce the
publication of the latest edition of the Focus Newsletter which is now
available in PDF format in the Scottish Division pages of the Career
Development Group website at
http://www.careerdevelopmentgroup.org.uk/divisions/scottish/focus.htm  If
you have any difficulties in accessing the newsletter in this format,
please contact me and I will try to supply it in an alternative format.

The new edition contains articles from Paul Anderson on his experiences as
an information professional during the first session of the Scottish
Parliament; Jillian Latto's discussion on the difficulties of gaining
professional experience as a new graduate in a non-professional post;
reviews of the CILIPS Conference at Peebles and the Umbrella Conference in
Manchester; plus news on upcoming courses, events and fundraising
activities in the Scottish Division, and the first instalments in a new
series introducing the Scottish Division Committee members.

We hope you enjoy the newsletter.  If you feel that you would like to
contribute to the Winter 2003 edition, please contact me.

Molly Magee
Portals Development Officer
Scottish Library and Information Council
1st Floor Building C
Brandon Gate
Leechlee Road
Hamilton