Is anyone out there who is a free-lancer or contractor ? Who is in "charge"
of us at CILIP - who do we discuss charging rates with, employment
conditions, access etc (these are more relevant topics than the colours of
parachutes that get discussed in CD meetings).

Wouldn't it be wonderful if our network was more like a
publishing/translation network ?

If you can name someone at CILIP who can advice on rates per jobs I would
be eternally grateful (or at least until I retire).

Shouldn't there be a "contractors" group as interest group ? (any interest
in setting one). I am sure the proposition is breaking some protocol, but
is worth a thought (is everyone happy with TOIL while you are working
weekends/evenings, knowing fully well they should be paying you at a higher
rate, rather than equal time ?)

The gas man leaves with 15 pounds per 15 minutes of work - since the
Chartership is like CORGI registration, shouldn't we be paid the same ?

Sorry some of the ideas are "revisited" - but please let me know who to
discuss rates and other problems which arise from self-employment (like
debt recovery !)

Emilce