Hi,

Like Gissi, I have an interest in the inter-disciplinarity issues which
emerge in the field of study support. Having previously delivered
study support as a central service, I've found that there are issues
that arise not only from the point of view of content but also from
the point of view of disciplinary style. Expected styles of writing vary
very much from subject to subject. In particular, the apparently
slight variations in referencing styles cause great distress to
students. I think it would be really useful to spend some time on
Gissi's question of how content and learning experts can work
together.

Ann
Ann Barlow
Assistant Director