Further to the various GOC monitoring reports, I've investigated further the
high rate of failures of my authentication test at Budapest's CE,
grid109.kfki.hu.

Every 10 mins I have been sending out 10 pings and logging a failure if 10
packets are not received back.  This test fails to this host much more
frequently than it does to others.  In the 5-day period to 09:00 this
morning there were 58 occasions when this test failed, and only 10 occasions
when the same test failed to Budapest's RB, grid111.kfki.hu.

For comparison, over the same period there were 3 such failures of the same
test to both of CERN's CEs, adc0015.cern.ch and adc0018.cern.ch, and none to
Taipei's.

This suggests the problem is with the host or its immediate network
connection rather than with the intervening network, and that it is nothing
to do with LCG software, since this is unlikely to affect ping response.

HTH

Trevor
.lf n25

Dr Trevor Daniels
c/o CCLRC eSC Department                Phone: (+44)|(0) 1235 778093
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory          Fax:   (+44)|(0) 1235 446626
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon, OX11 0QX, UK     Email:    [log in to unmask]
The contents of this email are sent in confidence for the use of the
intended recipient only.  If you are not one of the intended recipients do
not take action on it or show it to anyone else, but return this email to
the sender and delete your copy of it.